Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blast Off! Boy's Insulated Vest

Here is the cotton flannel vest I made from my Blast Off! group. I used a commercial sewing pattern found on the internet, and with a few tweeks, of course... I think it is quite impressive.

I am fascinated by things that shine -- like stained glass and mirrors, by metals, oxidation and metallic finishes, neon, glow-in-the-dark, and by reflective objects. When I haphazardly stumbled upon Pearl Trim on the last day of the Quilt show in Pittsburgh last year, I was giddy with all the safety trims, reflective tapes and piping, and neon webbing they were showing. I am thrilled that I finally found an excuse to utilize them!

Fabrics: outer shell - Blast Off! (flannel), inner collar - Ray Gun Strip (flannel) and lining - Galaxy Quest (sheeting). Neon orange taped armholes and reflective stripe on back.




No comments:

Post a Comment