Monday, March 18, 2013

Being Green

Can mean being envious... or conscious of the environment. It's Kermit the Frog's lament and a state of mind on March 17th of any given year, St. Patrick's Day.

I bought a six-pack. I needed some beer... okay, a single bottle of beer for cooking. And being the type not to pass up an opportunity to be festive, I had a few. Not to be seeing green spots or green to the gills but enough to make me hopeful that I might have the Luck of the Irish and find my pot o' gold and not Dorothy and Toto at the end of a late afternoon rainbow that appeared.

So I had a casual day spent mostly cooking, blogging and being creative enough to do Corned Beef and Cabbage with a twist, and smoked wild-caught Atlantic salmon.

Smoked Wild-caught Atlantic Salmon
marinated in Omission gluten-free pale ale, soy sauce and Hawaiian Honey 

on the wire rack after marinating, to be smoked over Macadamia wood chips

my makeshift smoker looking like a mid-century modern alien space ship 
or silver metallic sunny-side up egg

the fillet after smoking

served with baby red-romaine lettuce leaves and Avocado-Horseradish mousse

Corned Beef, Potato and Carrot stuffed Cabbage
oven baked with Omission pale ale
served with a side of Mushy Peas

Last year I was daring and corned my own brisket beef. You can find the post by clicking the St. Patrick's Day label below.

No comments:

Post a Comment