Sunday, February 19, 2012

Photos of a Week Around Maui with Sis 2/09-2/16

Here are photos from different locations around the Island as I ran about with my Sistah during her week of vacation...

LEFT: Red Liliko'i or Passionfruit Flower                   
RIGHT: I Don't know what it is, but it looks like Audrey 2 from LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS

LEFT: Bell-shaped flowers from a wild succulent     
RIGHT: As I was told, the rock formation is of a fallen man who lived on the hillside and
           was overtaken by a lava flow when the volcano exploded. It is tradition to leave a
           little gift: I a red hibiscus flower and Dana a Chiclet

Orange lichen on a tree trunk - great design inspiration!

Two wooden figures that greet you at the 'Ulupalakua Ranch Store

This applies to all of you cowgirls as well!

Ahead: A grove of eucalyptus trees lining the road leaving 'Ulupalakua

More design reference - do you see the butterflies as I do?

A herd of pipi, and white egrets that hang around to forage for bugs that are flushed out as the cattle graze


Kahului bay, the airport (red roofs; left), runway and tower taken from Upcountry Maui

Upcountry Maui

The wind farm on the spine of the West Maui mountains as taken from across Maalaea bay
The new turbines being built


Ghost crab
Getting rid of wet sand from the burrow during the excavation process

With a little help from Photoshop these might make incredible stripes in a future collection!

Dana with Boo-Boo Face
Standing in the security check line for the return flight to Newark, NJ

Last but not least: my office mate... I don't know how he got in but he's too quick for me to catch and must be happy because he's been around for months!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you blogging, Mark! Love the pics!! I hope to come to Maui soon to see you and all these beautiful sights. I especially love the idea of turning that beautiful ocean pic into a sweet, flowy stripe... if you don't do it, I will! haha
    xoxo
    Patty

    ReplyDelete