Friday, September 18, 2009

Neptune's Garden II

Many of you are wondering where I have retreated to recently. Well, for the past 8 weeks I have been preparing for the International Quilt Market in Houston in a few weeks, as well as working on a piece for a juried show at the local visual arts center.

Blank Quilting, the company for which I design and rep the fabric line , is doing a garden theme in their booth this show. And as always, I cannot just do a normal floral garden... so I decided to do an underwater garden.

The piece below, Neptune's Garden II, is a smaller version of the quilt I am making for the booth. This mini quilt is for a challenge for Simplicity/Wrights, the pattern, notions and sewing tools company. They have recently introduced two new products into the market, machines that will cut fabric into strips, and also fold them into single-fold bias tape. The requirements of the challenge are to use the machines in the creation of a small quilt block.

Here is my entry (the only other limitations were the block could not be bigger than 24"x24" square or 96" in total if another shape.)

Everything in the quilt is made from fabric from my Rock Candy line (the waves are an ombre synthetic organza) and thread, batting and stuffing, with the exception of the glass beads on the starfish.




I'll keep you posted (no pun intended) on the other two pieces -- the quilt and art piece -- as they are completed.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful, unique, and creative piece that will hopefully get high marks from all judges !

    ReplyDelete