Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Simplicity Wrights Designer Challenge

Aloha!

In my last post I showed the piece I am submitting to the Simplicity Wrights Designer Challenge. Well, it is all packed up -- pinned to a Styrofoam base, snuggled in its box between layers of bubble wrap and corrugated, recycled-paper packing material -- and on its way to the Big Apple, ironically to 2 Park Avenue, which is about 15 minutes by foot from where I used to live on 8th Street in Manhattan.


Naturally I had to create a piece of odd size for which I could not find a standard box of appropriate size that would be accepted by the USPS -- so I had to create one of my own. At least I know the custom made box suits the contents perfectly and I can be rest assured there will be no shifting or juggling of the contents.

The piece and the challenge are now out of my hands... I'll let you know the outcome of the judging as soon as I can. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment