Saturday, May 25, 2013

And Then There Was #5

Our fifth MBD Enthusiast blogger is 
Dory Smith Graham 
from Bar Harbor. ME

What do I say of Dory that Dory hasn't already admitted herself?

"When it comes to fabric, I’m a bit of a collector. And like most things I have an unreasonable attachment to, ie candy, I find it necessary to have it in comforting amounts. The odd thing is, I don’t always use the stash. But that’s not to say I don’t need it.




Introducing my shimmer dot fabric. You might have come across it in my worthygoods musings. I’ve been amassing this lovely rainbow since coming across 4 bolts of it in our local surplus and salvage store. That was in 2007. I had to have it all. Why? I wasn’t sure, but I did know that it was brilliant. And so. me. My shimmery-bolted rainbow is seriously inspiring. I’m arranging, re-arranging. They manage to put a little tuning fork into the color part of my brain, focusing the tone of whatever I’m working on.

double stack

I know, right? In lieu of ‘needing’ this fabric for my then brand-spanking-new shop, I was swiftly buying it up. 8 bolts here, 4 here, 2 here… But just as I opened an account with the manufacturer, it was discontinued. *gasp* Needless to say, I’ve been scouring the internets since. Looking for yardage here and there, for a ‘new’ color I don’t have or one I’m out of, having sewn up into hats or slings."
Dory's been the most elusive of the participants yet is obviously deeply invested in her love of the brightly shimmery and playful fabric called Mirror Ball Dot.


what am I missing...


Funny thing? I’m not the only one. Some one else is desperately searching for more, too. Only she’s gone one step further and actually contacted the designer to inquire about any yardage he might have left to sell. For reals, folks. This is some compelling fiber."

She also has a http://pinterest.com/worthygoods/mirror-ball-dot/ so contact her to pin your wonderful creations and become part of the world of Mirror Ball Dot!

So here's Dory of Worthygoods Textile...

No comments:

Post a Comment